Get a Permit

"Public Works & Engineering"
The Public Works Department issues permits depending on the type of work or activity desired. The following are common permits which are issued at City Hall, 440 Harcourt Avenue.
  • Park Reservation (PDF) are issued for Laguna Grande Park and Soper Field Park barbecue areas. Reservations are also taken for Cutino Park and Soper Field Park athletic fields.  For field reservations contact the Recreation Department at (831) 899-6800.
  • Encroachment Permits (PDF) are necessary when any person (including utility companies, residents and contractors) works in the City right-of-way, City-owned land, and/or within a City easement.
  • Tree Permits (PDF) are required for planting, removing, or trimming of any tree in the city, including trees on private property. One tree permit covers the inspection and determination of up to five trees.
  • Transportation Permits (PDF) are required when a vehicle or equipment that is driven, hauled, or towed exceeds a width of 10 feet, a height of 14 feet, a combined length of 75 feet, or a gross weight of 80,000 pounds. For further specification see California Department of Transportation requirements.