Skip to page body Home About Seaside Departments City Services Residents Visitors

Utility Services



There are three water service providers for Seaside residents and businesses; City of Seaside, Marina Coast Water District and California American Water.

Does the City of Seaside provide Water Service to my home/business?

The City of Seaside provides water services to approximately 750 Seaside residents and/or businesses.  To find out more about the City's Water Service area, visit the Public Works page on the Seaside Municipal Water System

To determine whether or not the City services your property, click the following link:
City of Seaside Water Service Addresses 

What are the Water Rates?

Customers pay a monthly meter charge based on their meter size and a monthly consumption charge based on their account designation and units used.

Meter and consumption charges are adjusted annually on January 1st according to the increase in the Consumer Price Index for San Francisco-Oakland-San, Jose, California.

Click on the link below for the current rates.
2015 Rates

Does the City offer Automatic Bill Payment?

Yes, to sign up to have your monthly water bill paid automatically, complete the Automatic Bill Payment Enrollment Form and submit it to Finance at 440 Harcourt Avenue Seaside, CA 93955. 

For additional information, contact the Finance Department at (831) 899-6715.

If the City does not provide Water Service to my home/business, then who does?

Marina Coast Water District (MCWD) services homes in the Seaside Highlands Subdivision and any other property within the former Fort Ord area of Seaside.  For more information, contact MCWD at (831) 384-6131.

California American Water services all other homes in Seaside.  For more information, contact California American Water at (831) 646-3287.


What is Utility User’s Tax?

The City of Seaside charges a 6% Utility User’s Tax on gas, electricity, water, telephone and cable television bills. The revenue is used to support City services and programs, such as, police and fire, recreation services and street and park maintenance.

Can I file for an Exemption of the Utility User’s Tax?

Utility users, who are sixty-five years of age or older and responsible for the utility service bills, are eligible for exemption from the Utility User’s Tax. To apply for the exemption, complete the Utility User Tax Exemption Certificate and return it to the Finance Department, at 440 Harcourt Avenue. 


Garbage services are provided to Seaside residents by Waste Management.

Does Waste Management offer discounts to Seniors?

Seniors, sixty-five years of age and older, with no dependents living at home, can qualify for reduced garbage and collection rates. The rate is 20% less than the regular rates for eligible senior citizens for the pick up once a week of one standard garbage container not exceeding thirty-two (32) gallons capacity.

To apply for the discount, complete the Application for Senior Citizens Garbage Collection Rate Discount and return it to the City of Seaside, Finance Department at 440 Harcourt Avenue. 

Other Utility Companies Contact Information

(800) 743-5000

(800) 945-2288

Waste Management
(831) 384-5000

(831) 372-2385
Sewer User Fee Exemption Application

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 3/27/2015 9:41:32 AM